For those back and neck pain sufferers who have exhausted nonsurgical treatment options, spine surgery may be the next step in resolving a spine problem. Because spine surgery is a serious decision, it is a good idea to obtain a second opinion.
A second opinion from OrthoIllinois Spine Care can provide you the following benefits:
- Determine if you have considered all possible treatment options (such as spine specialized physical therapy or injection therapy) and if there are any other nonsurgical options that can relieve your symptoms without the need for surgery.
- If spine surgery is necessary, what type of spine surgery should be performed. The OrthoIllinois Spine Care physicians may determine that you do not need the complex surgery or fusion procedure that was initially recommended.
- Are you a candidate for new artificial disc technology that would provide a better outcome.
- You may qualify for minimally invasive spine surgery in day surgery, this would allow you to be home later that same afternoon, for a faster recovery and return to activity.
- OrthoIllinois Spine Care physicians can help you determine if a second opinion is worth the time and expense to travel to our spine center.
Complete the Second Opinion form below to describe your case. After learning of your condition, the specialists at OrthoIllinois Spine Care can advise you if a second opinion would be helpful and worth the expense.
Second Opinion Form